RSE Building Services Limited (Company Number: 05661302) and any of its subsidiaries or holding companies from time to time and any subsidiary from time to time of a holding company of RSE Building Services Limited ("We", “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (the "GDPR"), the data controller in respect of the Website is RSE Building Services Limited of Swift House, Ground Floor, 18 Hoffmanns Way, Chelmsford, Essex, England, CM1 1GU .
Our Core Principles
We pride ourselves on putting you, our customer, first and as a result, we will comply with the following core principles:
- You own the personal data you give to us; and
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph;
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we may use the information and basis for processing
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
We may use the information you give to us:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. The basis for this processing will be that that it is necessary for the purpose of our contract with you or to take steps to enter into such a contract at your request.
- To notify you about changes to our service. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in ensuring that you are aware of the up to date details of our service.
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in ensuring that our Website is operated in the most effective matter.
We may use the information we collect about you:
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in ensuring that our Website is operated in the most effective matter
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in ensuring that our Website is operated in the most effective matter.
- Detect and prevent fraud. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which we are subject and for our legitimate interest in ensuring the security of our business and systems.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which we are subject and for our legitimate interest in ensuring the security of our business and systems.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in ensuring that the advertising delivered is relevant and effective.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them. The basis for this processing will be that it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in ensuring that you and others are aware of the full range of products and services which we offer.
We may use the information we receive from other sources to:
- combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you; and
- use this information and the combined information for the purposes and on the processing bases set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any of our subsidiaries or holding companies from time to time and selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any of our business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if all of our assets, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements, or to protect our rights, property, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention.
At present we do NOT use Automated decision-making to process personal data.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. If, for any reason, you cease to be a customer of the company, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us at the details below.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us using the details listed above (see paragraph headed “Your rights in connection with personal information”). Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Rights to complain to ICO
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.